So we've heard the message loud and clear. Wearing a facemask when you can't practice social distancing is the best way to keep covid safe. However any old mask honestly just won't do. We need to be kind to our big beautiful organ - The Skin and very importantly our environment. When opting for a facemask choose 100% natural fibre reusable fabric facemasks. Here are my top 5 reason why:
- They last longer and are reusable - Who else is sick to death of seeing disposable masks littered along the sidewalk?! They are made from non biodegradable materials that are harmful to the earth and our seas. Fabric facemasks unlike disposable ones work for longer than 3 hours and can be washed over and over again.
- Absorbency - Natural fibres like bamboo and linen can absorb up to 20% of its weight in moisture before feeling damp due to its molecular structure. Perspiration is absorbed and wicked away from the skin and quickly evaporates. Preventing unwanted clamminess.
- Hypoallergenic and Antibacterial - Making it amazing for people with sensitive skin and helps to keep bacteria off the face. Preventing breakouts and creating a healthy microclimate for the skin.
- Sustainable and Eco-friendly- Choosing masks made from natural fibres means you are choosing a biodegradable product that's harmless to the planet. Fabrics like bamboo and linen are renewable sources that cause very little harm to the environment whilst inhaling carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen back into the environment.
- Luxurious Feel - Natural fibres like linen and bamboo are soft, silky and light on the skin. Nice to have on your face and not some irritating piece of material you can wait to tear off.
Check out our linen bamboo face masks. Here...